Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Gatsby

Is it just me or is anybody else excited about the new updated film version of "The Great Gatsby"?  Personally I loved reading the book in my junior English class. I had a wonderful English teacher that just made literature come alive. I doubt she stops by to read this, but thanks Mrs. Carey for sharing your passion and excitement with your students. In honor of the film coming out I am rereading the wonderful book by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I will say that I still enjoy the book but it was a lot more fun reading and discussing with a class. If you want a little more information about the book and some help check out the spark-notes, but please READ the book not just the notes! I really want to also check out the older version of the film with Robert Redford and watch that version again before going to see the new version with Leonardo DiCaprio. I would love to compare and contrast all three, and yes I know I am a NERD. I can't wait to see all the costumes and settings in the new film. I just love the clothing of the 1920's and would love to  be able to go back to those days and dress up for a big party.

No comments:

Post a Comment